It is one of the Ministry of Science and Technology’s divisions that aims to develop and produce S & T human resources.
- S &T Education Grants
- S&T Capacity Building Program
1. S&T Education Grants PROJECTS:
1.1. Bangsamoro Assistance for Science Education – awarded to deserving students of Senior High School graduate class to enable him/her to pursue higher education or training in the areas of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
Priority Courses: http://bit.ly/3GM0bcP
1. Natural-born Filipino citizen, resident of BARMM at least six months and attained 85% General Average for 1st Semester marks to get qualified for it;
2. STEM strand senior high school graduating class;
3. Member of the top five percent (5%) of the Non- STEM strand senior high school graduating class;
4. Dropped out student due to financial constraint with highly specialized science and technology courses;
5. Less privileged, a deserving student who belongs to a family whose socio-economic status does not exceed the set values of specific indicators (not more than Php 250,000.00 annual family income or Php 350,000 for more than four children);
6. Parent/s most recent Income Tax Return / W2 / Employment Contract for OFW / BIR Cert. Of Exemption from Filing of ITR/Brgy. Cert. of Indigency.
7. Not a recipient of other scholarship programs
8. Good moral character and in good health;
9. Do not have any post-secondary or undergraduate units;
10. Qualifier of MOST Bangsamoro Scholarship Grant Examination
1.2. Bangsamoro Assistance for Science Education – MERIT – awarded to students with high aptitude in science and mathematics and are willing to pursue careers in the fields of science and technology.
Priority Courses: http://bit.ly/3iJtg0u
1.Natural-born Filipino citizen and a resident of BARMM
2.Member of the STEM strand senior high school graduating class with 85% GWA during the Grade 12 1st semester;
3.For Non-STEM strand senior high school graduating class; 90% GWA during the Grade 12 1st semester;
4.Not a recipient of other scholarship programs
5.Of good moral character and in good health;
6.Do not have any post-secondary or undergraduate units; and
7.Passed the BASE MERIT qualifying examination.
8.Enrolled in the BASE MERIT Priority Courses.
1.3. Mujahidin Assistance for Science Education – grants program which aims to provide educational assistance to qualified children of legitimate mujahideen/mujahidat who are taking science and technology courses.
- The funding for this program would come from the Transitional Development Impact Fund (TDIF) of some of the members of the Parliament who are willing to share their resources in providing financial assistance to potential grantees of this program.
1.Must be a Bangsamoro Filipino citizen;
2.Must be Enrolled to any S&T priority courses of the MOST based on CHED Memorandum No. 05, s. 2019;
3.Not recipient of any other scholarship, grant or financial subsidy from the government or private sector; and
Must be a legitimate child of the MILF/MNLF combatants.
1.4.Professional Assistance for Science Education – scholarship grant is a flagship educational assistance program of the Ministry of Science and Technology under Transitional Development Impact Fund (TDIF) through program component of MOST, Science Education, Scholarship, Grants, and Awards.
1.Must be a Filipino citizen; and a permanent resident of BARMM;
2.Not more than 50 years old at the time of application;
3.In good health and of good moral character;
4.Pass the admission requirements for graduate studies at any State Colleges and Universities or NSC member-universities in the Philippines;
5.Have at least one year working experience or have graduated with academic honors or graduated as BASE/BASE-Merit grantee of the MOST;
An applicant must:
a)Allowed to study full-time for two or three years (Residential Mode) and part-time for six years at UPOU (Distance Education Mode); and
- b) For employed applicants:
1.Certificate of Employment, Permit to Study (Signed Form 2B by the Head of the office);
2.Must have at least Very Satisfactory performance rating for the last two (2) ratings.
3.Not a recipient of other scholarship grants;
4.Willing to accept the terms and conditions specified in the Scholarship grants Contract; and
5.Must comply all required documents.
Applicant shall submit any of the following documents:
1.Accomplished Information Form (Form 1);
2.Photocopy of Birth Certificate;
3.If employed, Certification of Employment and Permit to Study (Form 2A or Form 2B);
4.Medical Certificate (Form 3);
5.Certified True Copy of Official Transcript of Records (TOR);
6.Notice of Admission to the Master’s in Science and Technology program in the
Graduate School at any of the NCGSME member-universities and SUCs;
1.Commitment to complete the degree.
2.Approved Program of Study
3.Certificate of Non-recipient of any scholarship from the school where he/she enrolled.
2. S&T Capacity Building PROJECTS:
2.1. Trainings for STEM Teachers
2.2. Provisions of Laboratory Equipment/Apparatus for the selected school beneficiaries
2.3. Provisions of STARBOOKS
BASE AND BASE-MERIT APPLICATION CY 2023 IS NOW OPEN!
- Click on this link for complete details about the two programs: http://bit.ly/3WhtwBp
- Online Application Link: https://bit.ly/E-BASE_BASEMERIT
- BASE Priority Courses: http://bit.ly/3GM0bcP
- BASE-Merit Priority Courses: http://bit.ly/3iJtg0u
- BASE Application Form: https://bit.ly/3WrETqM
- BASE-Merit Application Form: https://bit.ly/3CWmJ9p
- Download the BASE/BASE-Merit Form 2023, fill it out, then scan and convert it into PDF;
- Go to https://bit.ly/E-BASE_BASEMERIT, upload the accomplished application form, including other required documents;
- Print out the converted downloadable forms; and
- Submit the hard copy of your documents to the nearest MOST Provincial office.