Bangsamoro Standards and Halal Testing Laboratories (BSHTL)
The MOST-BARMM’s Bangsamoro Standards and Halal Testing Laboratories are committed to providing quality, reliable, and impartial analytical testing and calibration services that meet the needs of the customers and the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025:2017 while adhering to all applicable regulatory and statutory requirements and identifying risks and opportunities to continually improve the effectiveness of the QMS in order to meet customer satisfaction.
I. A multidisciplinary group of laboratories that offers testing and calibration services.
II. Established to support the needs of MSMEs, academe, and other customers to meet their requirements.
III. Recognizes, establishes, and implements a Quality Management System (QMS) in accordance with the International Standards
1. Halal Verification Laboratory – focuses on halal verification of food products in compliance with RA 10817: “An Act Instituting the Philippine Halal Export Development and Promotion Program, Creating for the Purpose the Philippine Halal Export Development and Promotion Board, and for Other Purposes”.
- Porcine-DNA Detection using RT-PCR (Real-time polymerase chain reaction) for meat-based products
- Ethanol Analysis using GC-F10/MS
- Gelatin Analysis
- Meat Authenticity using RT-PCR
- Pesticides Residue Analysis using GC/MS
- Minerals in Cosmetics
2. Physico-Chemical Laboratory – provides physical and chemical testing services for food products in response to RA 10611: “An Act to strengthen the food safety regulatory system in the country to protect consumer health and facilitate market access of local foods and food products, and for other purposes”.
- Proximate Analysis (Food) – Crude Protein, Crude Fat, Nutrifacts Computation, Moisture Content, Ash Analysis, pH, TDS
1. Minerals in Water, Minerals in Food, Total Sugar, Vitamin C
3. Microbiological Laboratory – provides microbiological testing services for water samples and food products in response DOH AO 2017-0010 – Philippine National Standards for Drinking Water of 2017 and RA 10611.
- Food and Water Analysis – Heterotro-phic Plate Count, Thermotol-erant/ Fecal Coliform, Yeast and Molds Count, Total Coliform Count, Aerobic Plate Count, E. Coli
1. Aflatoxin, Listeria, Histamine, Aureus
4. Metrology Laboratory – provides calibration services in response to RA 9236 -The National Metrology Act of 2003 : “An Act Establishing A National Measurement Infrastructure System (NMIS) For Standards And Measurements, And For Other Purposes”.
- Calibrations Services – Thermometry, Mass, Weighing Instruments, Volumetric
*For more inquiries, contact Mr. Almanzur Ali, BSHTL Customer Relations Officer at this number 09268353360.